EDI projects require a wide variety of specialized knowledge. In our glossary, we provide answers to most of the terms you may encounter in your EDI project.
*REPORT - Modern data layout tailored to your corporate design
The layout of texts, images and graphics can be done with just a few mouse clicks. The database of your IBM i (System i) provides the necessary data. You link and position these data on the designed form.
Some reports need to be worked up more thoroughly, visually appealing and ready for print. You can use the graphical report designer’s extensive possibilities to create barcodes, graphics, charts, and interlaced lists.
JasperSoft-Studio meets even the most demanding reporting requirements, such as the creation of print-ready versions with pixel-perfect positioning of all report elements, as well as the preparation of complex reports with several components and multiple data sources. This does not mean that JasperSoft-Studio needs additional server resources or any special IT programs. JasperSoft-Studio is a 100% Java client application, flexible enough to fit seamlessly into any software environment.
Reports brought into shape with *REPORT
Modern data layout tailored to your corporate design with the opensource Client JASPER-Soft-Studio. JasperSoft-Studio is a free open-source Java-based report generator (GUI)
- PDF, HTML, XML, (XHTML, XLS, RTF, DOCX, Text, CSV, OpenOffice, PNG from Version 2.2)
- Parameters passed by commands
- IBM i specific implementation of JasperReports
- Native command interface RUNREPORT
- Full integration with i‑effect®
- SQL database connection
- Report definition in XML
- Native report server integration of menten for IBM i (OS/400, i5/OS)
- GUI Designer JasperSoft-Studio
- Open source print engine JasperReports
- iReport = free open source Javs-based report generator (GUI)
- Variables for sum, average, count, minimum, maximum, and user-defined calculations
- Any group levels and sub-reports
- Customizable pages and column formats
- Extensive charts (pie, pie3D, columns, pillars 3D, line, Gantt, etc.)
- Graphic elements such as frames, lines, rectangles, circles, ellipses
- Extensive barcode library (EAN, CODE39, data matrix and more)
- Platform-independent; reports can be run on other systems
- No programming of printing programs required
- Spools the print edition in OUTQ (PDF direkt print)