EDI projects require a wide variety of specialized knowledge. In our glossary, we provide answers to most of the terms you may encounter in your EDI project.
What is CSV?
Any2Any - With i‑effect® *CSV it is possible to map, convert and integrate data to and from CSV format. Map data in any imaginable combination between EDIFACT (with all Subsets), XML, FlatFile (SAP iDoc), CSV, ANSI X.12, TRADACOMS or databases (DB2, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle) without limits and in an automated enviroment. This maximizes productivity and provides faster and more effective processing.
i‑effect® *CSV supports the following standards:
- Supports CSV formats, as defined in RFC 4180
- Customizable end of line character
- Assigning fields to a data type
- Customizable: ignore non existent fields while reading
- Automatic recognition of end of line characters while reading
- Read/write (heading record)
- Empty fields are not generated
- Customizable CCSID for the generated CSV file
- Automatic recognition of protected fields
- Automatic protection of values with special characters